STM Soccer Club participates in several different leagues governed by EPYSA (Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association). The following requirements are necessary to be fulfilled at the start of each season by every coach/manager and professional trainer that works with any of our teams and/or players. In addition to the state requirements, we also require that all of our coaches/managers and professional trainers complete the Diocese of Allentown Volunteer Requirements. There is overlap between the two. Please see both below.
EPYSA Coaching Requirements:
- PA State Police Criminal History
- PA Child Welfare History
- FBI Fingerprint or Affidavit
- Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Risk Management
- Safe Sport
- Heads Up
Every player and coach within the STM Soccer club is registered through EPYSA. Player and coach verification is performed on everyone to make sure all eligibility requirements are fulfilled prior to any players and coaches taking the field at the start of each season. Player/Coaches insurance is also issued with club’s registration fees paid to EPYSA. All volunteers are to fulfill and submit completed requirements as described above, please log onto got sports individual account to update.
Diocesan Requirements –
- Read and sign the acknowledgment form for the Code of Conduct policy (2022 Revision)
- Read and sign the acknowledgment form for the Policy Regarding the Sexual Abuse of Minors (2022 Revision)
- Read and sign the acknowledgment form for the Child_Protective_Law_Policy_rev_053018
- Read and sign the acknowledgment form for the Social Media &Electronic Communications Policy
- Submit a Protecting God’s Children Certificate of Completion– PGC Virtual Training Directions.
State Required Clearances – must be updated every five years:
- Submit a PA State Police Criminal Record Check – Helpful Instructions– Weblink: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp /
- Submit a Department of Welfare’s Child Abuse Clearance – Helpful Instructions– Weblink: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS /
- Submit a FBI Criminal Background Fingerprint Report (dated within 1 year of submission)from the PA Dept. of Human Services – Instructions on how to obtain a FBI fingerprint check
- Submit a Mandated Reporting Training Certificate of Completion – Free online trainings:
PA Family Support Alliance, https://pafsa.org/
• University of Pittsburgh, https://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu/Login.aspx
- Submit a National Sex Offender Registry Verification
Please complete all 10 requirements listed below and submit them to Jared Rabold via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies can be dropped off at the St. Thomas More Parish Center.